Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Active day

Okay so today I aimed to go downtown for 11 am for the Caribana launch but well as you can see from my post the night/morning of, I didn't get to sleep until close to 6 am. Regardless my alarm is apparently set to go off every morning at 10. sigh. I rolled out of bed and forced myself to be an active human being. Phone charged, Ipod charged, Camera battery charged and I was off. The launch was scheduled to run until 2pm and I arrived at 1:50 :S boo! but I still managed to catch the tail end of the festivities.
There were the trademark tacky Carnival costumes (lol), Roti and Doubles (Halal might I add), Trini flags( there were probably others but I really didn't notice),and everywhere I turned I heard the strongest Caribbean accents. It was almost like people off on their lunch hour wanted to show off that this was THEIR heritage and THEIR festival. It was touching but I prefer to be an observer rather than one of the masses pretending to be Caribbean.

This brings me to another one of my pet peeves! Yes I am trini and yes my parents still reside there and NO having family that lives in 'Port of Spain' or 'San Fernando' or the best I ever heard 'Biche'. Your background is Trini but you are most definitely not. Anyway, moving on.

I then took to exploring the city while handing out resumes. Toronto really is an extremely beautiful and diverse place to live.
These people are very popular out here. Their sidewalk art is INCREDIBLE. I was leaving the mall and he was now starting this piece. You can see the picture on the left bottom of the piece he was basing it off of. I walked around for at least 3 hours and when I returned, he was almost done. Check it out!!




PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO!! LOL





No comments:

Post a Comment