Sunday, July 12, 2009

July= Solange's New Year

Hey everyone!

So I plan on keeping this blog pretty up to date just because its something that has been on my mind for a very long time but I always got so intimidated because I felt like I had so much to catch up on. Where do I start??

Well my last few posts were from my brief 1 month internship at the fabulous MACO Magazine in Trinidad. This is hands down my favourite place that I have ever worked. Amazing work hours, fabulous work environment, great location and last but not least wonderful co-workers.

Anyway moving on, I graduated from Sheridan College in Print Journalism excited and eager to jump into the world of writing! Well, things weren't as easy as I thought. After intense emotions and long days of job hunting I landed a wonderful internship at a new and upcoming home decore website, Remote Stylist. Within a week I was headed off to Muskoka to my warm and welcoming boss' cottage for 2 days. She opened her arms, house, kitchen and bedroom to me and other intern, Michelle. This is a view of some of the cottages we checked out!




With prior plans to visit a cottage in Kawartha for my birthday weekend, plans went on with full force. It was a great experience minus the head numbing cold water and ruthless mosquitoes. All in all, it was great spending time with my friends!

My birthday came and went while in Muskoka and although I would have loved to be out partying and drinking, I had my boyfriend take a shot for me instead :)

Jump forward to this weekend and here we are!

On an abnormally chilly Saturday evening, Casey, Ranae and myself were headed off to Salsa on St. Clair for a celebration of Latin Culture. In other words, it was like Pride Parade, except Spanish (quote Casey* lol). My only question was, Will there be corn? With a simple yes, I was dressed and on my way down!

Events like these make me love living in Toronto and even more deciding to stay for my 1st summer since moving here 5 years ago. A live band, couples salsa-ing in the streets, 'salsa spots', freshly made empanadas, tacos and fresh cut fries, corn (!!!) and churro's ALL greeted me in a quick second. I was in my element! As Ranae ran off to get dressed, Casey and I tried to sample as much as my stomach could handle.

Soon the time came from Ranae to perform. I don't think I even need to comment after this picture!




Cheers!
Solange

No comments:

Post a Comment