Thursday, September 17, 2009

Help! Please!

There must be something to inspire me, something to bring some excitement to my life. Recently I just have not had the bug to write, be creative, be profound. Everything is a different shade of grey. Reminds me of the beginnings of the company I have been interning for. Remote Stylist is an interactive new company meant to bridge the gap between those who know and those who don't. I wish there was a website as efficient for home decor items as Remote Stylist is but for personal issues. How amazing would that be??

I have tried everything. I just do not have the drive to scour the internet for topics to write about. I do not feel to go and read books about anything. Celebrity news does nothing for me. I see people getting so excited over this Kanye West incident and I look at it with lethargic displeasure. Is this what really amuses you? If I had some form of excitement in my life, I might share a giggle or two with the status updates or the emails circulating with Kanye speaking to Patrick Swayze, Neil Armstrong, Bin Laden etc etc but its just not coming. If I were in Your shoes, I would be reading this with such disdain. "Who does she think she is? Its just a joke. No need to be so uptight.." I agree. But I just don't see much to be giggly about.

I'm not saying I'm not happy or anything. I still smile when I hear my boyfriend's voice and see his face on Skype or when I see ads for the premiere of Grey's Anatomy but there is no zeal, no excitement. I read one of my peers blogs whenever I have a spare second and I wonder: Where does she get the motivation to have such an opinion on things. (Check out "The R" . It's a great read!)

Anyone have any ideas as to how to get some motivation? In a field such as Journalism, without motivation, you're not going to go anywhere anytime soon. I love to write but I've been always so absorbed in the academic life and being given topics to write about and article assignments that I had no choice to write about. Is there a condition called "Out of School Lack of Motivation- ness" or maybe I have just been spoon fed too much and now I don't even know how to feed myself?

No comments:

Post a Comment